Churches through prayer, financial and volunteer support play a vital role in helping us to demonstrate the love of God to the poor and needy. There are a number of ways that individuals and Churches can get involved:
The role of a church rep is to act as a point of contact for Mercy Ships in your church to help us raise much needed funds, awareness, and prayerful support for our work. This might include:
- Placing articles about Mercy Ships in your church newsletter, distributing leaflets and up-to-date information, displaying posters and so on
- Arranging for a Mercy Ships speaker to give a talk after a service and taking a collection in support of our work.
- Organising a special service in support of one of our projects at Easter or Christmas
- Organising a fundraising event after a service or one evening during the week. You could show a Mercy Ships DVD, or arrange one of our speakers to give a talk
- Organising a group of people join a Mercy Team - a 10-day mission trip to work alongside ships and land-based programmes on specific field projects
- Setting up a Fundraising Support Group in your Church to pray,